The mission of the Master of Public Administration and Governance (MPA) program is to educate mid-career students in public administration in order to make them more competent professionals, able to work effectively in the context of a developing economy faced with increasing challenges of ongoing globalization and regionalization, thereby contributing towards the quality of governance in Suriname as a whole.
The overall learning objective of the program is to educate students in becoming professionals with the competencies to operate effectively and ethically with the public sector and become able operators in networks of actors.
• To become able to identify and understand the complex field of governance.
• To develop skills to reach out to other actors within and outside their own organization and country.
• To become capable to engage effectively in policy-relevant analysis and research in matters of governance.
• To become adept in managing and leading organizations in complex situations and handling ambiguity.
• To do all this in an ethical way.