The mission of the MPA in Governance programme is to educate professionals in public administration in order to make them more competent in the context of a society faced with increasing challenges, to enhance the quality of governance for the public good. The programme is conducted by FHR School of Governance, Law & Humanities in cooperation with The International Institute of Social Studies (ISS).
- To become able to identify and understand the complex field of governance.
- To develop skills to reach out to other actors within and outside their own organization and country.
- To become capable to engage effectively in policy-relevant analysis and research in matters of governance.
- To become adept in managing and leading organizations in complex situations and handling ambiguity.
- To do all this in an ethical way.
- Knowledge of main Governance concepts and theories.
- Ability to analyze, apply critical and integrative thinking.
- Formulate evidence-based and policy-relevant judgments.
- Ability to report on crucial processes and act as a bridge in complex networks.
- Have an aptitude for continuation of study, related to governance.