The mission of the MPA in Governance programme is to educate mid-career students in public administration in order to make them more competent professionals, able to work effectively in the context of a developing economy faced with increasing challenges of ongoing globalization and regionalization, thereby contributing towards the quality of governance in Suriname as a whole.
• To become able to identify and understand the complex field of governance.
• To develop skills to reach out to other actors within and outside their own organization and country.
• To become capable to engage effectively in policy-relevant analysis and research in matters of governance.
• To become adept in managing and leading organizations in complex situations and handling ambiguity.
• To do all this in an ethical way.